Saturday, March 31, 2012

Transplanting the Zambian Greens, March 23




They lived over night! Plus a random weed or spinach plant popped through the burlap.















Since the first eight lived, I'm going to transplant eight more today.
  











So first I cut through all the layers of the lasagna.










There's straw and leaves and compost and who knows what else in there.














Then I find the one I want to transplant.















Dig it up.

















Lift it out.












 
And carry the clump over to the spot I cut.











Then I just peel back the top layers and plop it in.


















Voila.





I did seven altogether (would have been eight but I left room for the rogue weed/spinach plant).


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment